Re: TC nomination procedure v0

On Tue, 28 Nov 2017, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 09:40:45AM +0100, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud wrote:
> > Question:
> >
> >   - Does this private vote respect letter and/or intent of §6.3.4 "votes on
> > appointments must be public"?
>
> No. However, I think it is wrong for anyone to insist on that, and I
> think the constitution should be updated to match the current (proper)
> procedure.

I think it respects both the letter and intent.

My rationale is that the private "vote" isn't a vote on the appointment,
it's a vote to figure out whether the future appointment vote will have
consensus or not.

If people feel strongly that the vote should be public, one compromise
is to allow nominees to the CTTE to choose to make their names public
and force a public vote, with the default being the current private
consensus process.

--
Don Armstrong                      https://www.donarmstrong.com

6: I'm human. I have a thousand flaws. I break down. I get up or I
don't get up. I get lost. I make the same mistakes over and over. I
have scars and wounds. Sometimes when I can't bear them anymore, I
drink. You can't fix me. You can't fix any of us. You can't make us
perfect.
 -- "The Prisoner (2009 Miniseries)" _Checkmate_