Re: spam and debian-curiosa [ot]

On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 02:07:44PM +0000, Richard Smedley wrote:
> You mean everyone else does things differently from us.
> Recall the 19th century newspaper headline:
> "Fog in Channel. Europe cut off" :-)

[This argument may take a while...]

1945 headline: "Monty flies back to front"
(or was it Churchill.. before my time anyway)

I don't really think that the Europeans are doing things the wrong way
around.

But the English ... Now that's another story ...
(Who else would call the lanes on the outside of the road "the inside lane"?)

... shakes head, mutters, and wanders into the distance, still muttering...
--
Karl E. Jørgensen
karl@jorgensen.com