Re: this idea wont get out of my mind...

> I think that this could really lead to "world domination"!...
Do we really want that?

> DSPN - Debian Service Providers Network
>
> Ok, the idea is to:
>
> a) collect and distribute information of parties offering computer
> services
> related to debian (like custom programming, webhosting, custom
> hardware,
> consulting, etc)
That sounds like a good idea....

> b) Create a network of theese sites/companies/persons, charge them a
> small
> fee that would go to keeping the network running (hosting,
> administration,
> salaries?) and donate the rest to Debian
uh....wait.....debian is free.....truly free....

> c) possibly create custom distributions for hosting-services,
> offices, etc [1]

Do we really need more then a complete distribution? I don't see the
point of making a "server","workstation" or "corporate" distribution,
let the redhat guys do that....but not us.....

> d) see how debian conquers the world!
>
> Ok, youu say, why don't start doing it then? Because I don't have the
> time
> to put this project on (at least not alone!)
>
> regards, tomas
>
> [1] this would also adress some of, as I see it, debians greatest
> problems;
> too many packages and community support.
> (I really think that it is good that there exists X nbr of
> ftp-programs,
> but as an non-developer/unexperienced user to linux/debian I don't
> want to
> make that choice. I also think that the support given at the
> mailing-lists
> is great, but again as a  non-developer/unexperienced user I wouldn't
> post
> to them)
Choice is the keyword, I really don't want others to decide what
programs I need to run, there is a redmond based company that already
does that....un-experienced users can stick to the most known
programs....and everyone else can use the program of their choice...

just my 0.02 c

Greetz,

Ivo van Dongen