Re: small patch for dakdb update scripts

On Sun, Apr 05, 2009 at 10:38:11AM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> On Sat, 04 Apr 2009, Allan Lyons wrote:
> > > Can you be more specific in the problem that you're seeing ?
> >
> > I get a key error on line 61 of update4.  suites is empty since the
> > table is empty at that point.  However, Cnf.SubTree("Suite").List()
> > returns something.
>
> That's not a problem as long as Suite::<suite>::Architectures doesn't
> exist. And it doesn't exist in the config files in the repository.

I see that now.  I guess I relied too much on README.config when setting up my files.

> > > init-db fills all tables (suite_architecture, architecture and suite)
> > > based on the configuration (and assumes the DB is empty).
> >
> > There still must be something odd.  When I try it with debian/dak.conf,
> > suite_architecture stays empty.  Is it getting filled for you?
>
> Only if you have all the patches from my bugfixes branch, this one in
> particular:
> http://git.debian.org/?p=users/hertzog/dak.git;a=commitdiff;h=0262c823195e0e3334db1a554c7062e94ea01c62

This bugfix branch now seems to be considerably behind the master branch on ftp-master.  It appears that parts of the code have gone in
a slightly different direction with init_db.py and that patch will no longer fit.

Allan.