Re: debian package bug reporting?

On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 10:17:04AM -0500, Brian J Densmore wrote:
> Ok, I've tried to submit a possible bug report.
> Apparently, I don't know how to do it the right way.
> Alternatively, it may not be a bug. You'd have to read
> my original email. I don't really care whether it
> is a bug or not, I'd just like to be able to install
> exim 4 using apt-get. Barring that, I may just build
> exim 4 from sources and be done with it.
> Maybe someone can tell me what I've done wrong with sending
> the bug report (and ideally exim 4).

It's simple enough: you need to put "Package: exim4-config" on a line by
itself as the very first line of your e-mail. So, the very start of the
body of your mail should look like this:

Package: exim4-config
Version: 4.50-8

> P.S. - Don't send me to some 100,000 line FAQ or tutorial, I
> don't have that kind of spare time. Answers should be quick and easy to
> find. It was hard enough finding what "may be" an appropriate mail list.

This is really a debbugs development list rather than a user list, but
anyway. :-)

Cheers,