Re: Why some bugs are not archived and not categorized as resolved?

notfound 283762 5.10.6-0.CVS.20041116-2
notfixed 283762 5.10.6-0.cvs.20041116-1
thanks

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010, Tommi Vainikainen wrote:
> I've recently became maintainer of package gnus, and I've been
> resolving situation with some old bugs.
>
> However I cannot understand why web page listing still has some very old fixed
> bugs not categorized as resolved and not archived.
>
> Please take a look at
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=gnus;dist=unstable
>
> For example there is bug #283762 which has following information:
>
>   Found in version 5.10.6-0.CVS.20041116-2
>   Fixed in version 5.10.6-0.cvs.20041116-1
>
> Is this comparison case-sensitive, because difference in case could
> explain this? Still that does not explain why fixed version has lower
> case, even if last mail to -done in that bug report clearly uses upper
> case in the word "CVS" inside version number.

Yes, they're case sensitive, and there was a bug that they were being
improperly lower-cased. You have to fix these manually using fixed and
notfixed.

However, in this case, the version that they were marked as fixed in
is nonsensical, as it's a predecessor of the version that the bug was
filed in. In such cases, you can just close the bugs without a version
(or you can clear out the found and fixed information if you want.)

Don Armstrong

--
"What, now?"
"Soon equates to good, later to worse, Uagen Zlepe, scholar.