Re: The status of desktop-base in wheezy

Am 22.06.2012 um 04:51 schrieb Paul Tagliamonte
>>       That means:
>>
>>       write a theme for KDM, Ksplash, GDM, Plymouth, Splashy, GRUB, Migrate
>>       everyone else (filed two bugs earler against SLiM & ldm-themes) off
>>       spacefun, test it, and upload it.
>>
>>   This is not so much work. I have helped the last time to do it. I am
>>   volunteering to do it now.
>
> Great. Send a request to join the team and one of the admins will get
> you set up with commit rights. None of the other maintainers are active,
> so you'll be flying solo.

It would be great if you sent me a PM about who I need to contact.

> If you're serious about this (and I urge you
> to consider what you're doing -- my package work is basically done, and
> most everything works,

> I've filed bugs, blogged and announced this in

You failed to announce it here, where the package should be discussed.

"Debian Desktop project - Discussion about the Debian Desktop sub-project, the integration of the various desktop-related packages, bug reports, questions and patches."

> many ways, you'll be having to do a *lot* of work...), then I suggest
> you start looking at the packaging.

I already know the desktop-base package quite well.

@Leandro Gómez

> I'd also love to have something to say about this whole process, but the reality is that we have only 9 days left to freeze. A five day timeframe for voting leaves us only four days to prepare everything and upload.
>
> It's just not doable...

Giving people a vote is always doable.

> As much as I hate that it has to be done like this, there's no other realistic option atm, IMHO. And maybe there's a lesson learned, and we try to be more proactive next cycle.

That's what has been said last cycle.