Re: Art Proposal Help

Heya !

Le 8 mai 2014 à 23:55, Paul Tagliamonte <paultag@debian.org> a écrit :

> On Thu, May 08, 2014 at 05:52:43PM -0400, Support - MediaWorks7 wrote:
>>   Hi All,
>>   Not sure if this is the right thread, but just wanted to throw this out
>>   there...
>>   If there is any interst in an evolution of the wheezy submission we
>>   submited (which got some pretty nice comments (thanks guys), then let me
>>   know and I'll consider an 'evolution' of it, to submit.
>>   [1]https://wiki.debian.org/DebianArt/Themes/7th-element
>>   Thanks,
>>   Steve
>
> I'm going to be honest here - I wanted 7th Element as our theme. Not
> just now, but forever and ever. I find it absolutely stunning and well
> put together.

I agree with you.
Having one base theme would ease the process. So in the future we could change some details to differentiate Debian version, without struggling integrating a whole new theme.

> Hugely impressive work.
>
> My only concern is how easy this will be to implement -- I'm concerned
> this will require some pretty invasive patches to GDM, GTK and GNOME to
> get to work right.

the display manager here is the trouble. Plymouth/DE « just » need some custom configs. But I don’t know any display manager that have this kind of appearance. Lightdm with heavily customized theme could do the job, but I guess no one would make it before the deadline.

> Are there any test-patches on implementing this, or are they concepts
> that we should aspire to (and trust me, we should)
>
>  - Paul

Adrien