Re: Build-Depends

Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> Here is a link to a file hat I am using for autobuilding:
>
>  http://buildd.debian.org/andrea/m68k/source-dependencies-unstable.gz

Very useful, but should not be relied on completly. For example, it has this
for aalib:

aalib: ACL, libgpmg1-dev (>= 1.14-3), slang1-dev (>> 1.3.0-0),
       libncurses5-dev (>= 4.2-3.1)

Where ACL stands for autoconf, m4, libtool. However, the build-depends line
I have arrived at is:

Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 1.1.17), slang1-dev, xlib6g-dev,
               libncurses4-dev, libgpmg1-dev, autoconf, libtool

Autconf depend on m4, so it need not be listed. It does use debhelper,
moreover, it uses some specific features only present in newer versions. It
should be built with X support.

I have no idea if I am doing something wrong by not having versioned
build-depends on the -dev packages. I think it should work with most
versions of these packages, since aalib has not changed for about 3 years now.

--
see shy jo