Re: XFree86 3.3.6 available for slink.

Vincent - Thanks for compiling this latest version for slink. I need
3.3.4 or later for a Matrox G400 board and 3.3.5 was not working.  I
down-loaded the pre-compiled glibc2 3.3.6 version of XF86_SVGA server
from the XFree86 web site and have been using it for the last couple
of days without problems; however, I haven't attempted to run a tk
application yet. Other than potential problems with tk apps, what
other problems can be anticipated with pre-compiled servers from
XFree86?  Is it not a good idea in general to down-load the latest
pre-compiled servers?  There has been some discussion about this in
the past, and I thought the consensus was that it was ok to replace
the server with the latest pre-compiled version.

--
    Carl Greco
    cgreco@novia.net