Re: KDE not in Debian?

On Thu, Jan 20, 2000 at 06:37:14PM -0800, Joseph Carter wrote:

> As for Craig... *shrug* He's only echoing words I've read hundreds of
> times.  IIRC, he's also one of those who told me in the first place
> that I shouldn't bother trying because KDE was beyond help from me or
> from anyone else.

i don't recall doing that, but it is possible. i don't care much about
KDE one way or the other, my attitude has been that if they want to
dwindle off into irrelevancy because of their indifference to licensing
problems then that's their choice.

i *do* recall telling you that the "help" you were perpetrating was just
plain wrong and was doing a lot more harm than good, that it was no
help at all...rather, it was a hindrance because it provided a severely
flawed "near-solution" that acted to prevent a real solution being
developed.

you claim authorship of the QPL - if you hadn't steered Trolltech
away from compatibility with the GPL then we wouldn't be having this
discussion now, the problem would be dead...ancient history.

craig

--
craig sanders