Re: ????

Hi Jean,

On Tue, Jan 18, 2000 at 07:14:26PM -0600, Jean Crowl wrote:
> sorry there wasn't really a place where my question fit in so I figured I'd
> ask you...  :o) uh I want to set up an irc server I was getting ready to pay
> for a shell and somebody told me I could use my spare box and put linux on
> it and run the server from that...   is this true? and could I access it
> from my windows box?

Do you really mean an irc server? I think what you need is an irc proxy
that holds the connection to the server when you are offline (or rebooting ;)
While it will work with Linux I don't think it is worth the effort.

cu
    Torsten

--
Torsten Landschoff           Bluehorn@IRC               <torsten@debian.org>
           Debian Developer and Quality Assurance Committee Member