Re: Installed xbanner 1.31-15 (source i386)

    Branden> I don't have this installed, so I am not sure what you
    Branden> are doing, but are you sure you're not violating policy?

[...]

    Branden> I'm very nervous about the idea of some other package
    Branden> mucking about with xdm's conffiles.

Xbanner has inserted itself into the X{setup,startup} scripts for
much, much longer than I've been maintaining it.  As there's now a
command-line tool to do the work (it used to happen *in* the
postinst/prerm), I guess I could removed the calls to that script and
just let the user know of its existence.

Fill a bug if you fell uncomfortable & I'll remove the script from the
postinst.  It really should stay in the prerm, though.  Otherwise one
of us will start getting bug reports about xdm trying to start xbanner
when it's not installed. :)

--
Stephen

"Farcical aquatic ceremonies are no basis for a system of government!"