Re: Suggest or depend on logrotate ?

On Fri, Jan 21, 2000 at 09:40:10AM +0100, Stefan Hornburg wrote:

> The Debian policy manual recommends logrotate for handling growing logfiles.
> This is O.K. But has the package to depend on or suggest logrotate ?
> There are examples for either possibility in current potato.

It should not depend on logrotate since the admin might decide to use another
scheme for cleaning the logs. A suggests should also be avoided - perhaps
some day we have another solution apart from logrotate. logrotate is
priority important so it should be installed anyway.

OTOH I don't know if it will be pulled automatically on a dist-upgrade...

cu
    Torsten

--
Torsten Landschoff           Bluehorn@IRC               <torsten@debian.org>
           Debian Developer and Quality Assurance Committee Member