Re: [POSSIBLE GRAVE SECURITY HOLD]

On Wed, Feb 02, 2000 at 05:53:21PM -0600, John Goerzen was heard to say:
> > I get the feeling you aren't reading the same emails that I am and aren't using
> > the same Debian system.
> >   This thread was the first -- the *first* -- time that I even realized that the
> > default Debian install didn't put LILO on the MBR but used the mbr package
> > instead.  I believe I have read a lot of documentation, and I even knew of the
>
> You did notice that the boot floppy programs ask you about this,
> right?

  It's been a while since I installed my Debian system, but I only remember it
asking whether LILO should go on the MBR -- it didn't explain what it was doing
in the non-MBR case (I assumed it just flagged the LILO partition as bootable
and let the DOS MBR handle it, which sounds dumb now, but there you are :) )

  Daniel

--
There is something in the pang of change
More than the heart can bear,