Re: [POSSIBLE GRAVE SECURITY HOLD]

Onno <Onno@Willem.Alexanderschool.nl> writes:

> To solve all the mbr problems at one:
>
> Make a hack that enables a sysadmin to put a password in mbr.
>
> DISCLAIMER: I don't know much about the mbr package so please
>             forgive me if my 'solution' is ignorant.

The MBR needs to do all its work inside 448 bytes of machine code.
There definitely is no space for password checking code in addition
to the existing code that, no doubt, is already very tight.

Well, if you're an assembler wizard, feel free to write it :-)

	- Ruud de Rooij.
--
ruud de rooij | *@spam.ruud.org | http://ruud.org | http://weer.moonblade.net