Re: [POSSIBLE GRAVE SECURITY HOLD]

On Mon, Feb 07, 2000 at 01:08:23AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 03, 2000 at 02:06:58PM +0100, Thierry Laronde wrote:
> > Maurice Merleau-Ponty has said : "You can't find anything if you don't
> > know already what you are looking for".
>
> Is that one of Derrida, Lacan, or Foucault's drinking buddies?

No. These ones are for export only. A french native speaker knows that he
doesn't need to bother with that...

> The particulars of French philosophy have changed a great deal over the
> centuries, but its fascination with hermitc non-sequiturs has not abated.
>
> I give you Descartes:
>
> "I think, therefore I am, therefore God exists."[*]

So, there is a great doubt about the existence of God, because all this
thread has shown that the premise is questionable. It seems that not
everybody is able to think...

--
Thierry LARONDE <thierry.laronde@polynum.com>
website : http://www.polynum.com