Re: [POSSIBLE GRAVE SECURITY HOLD]

On Mon, Feb 07, 2000 at 09:18:42AM -0500, paul wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Feb 2000, Thierry said,
>[..]
> >
> > So, there is a great doubt about the existence of God, because all this
> > thread has shown that the premise is questionable. It seems that not
> > everybody is able to think...
> >

> Perhaps a quote from the first meditation of the same text is more accurate,
> "there are no signs by which to distinguish being awake from being asleep."
> I believe that some in this thread have lulled themselves asleep with the
> satisfaction of believing that they have found a great flaw in Debian.  If
> they were truly awake, they would see that this is not so.

Well, I'm afraid I don't quite agree with you. When I was talking about the
thought, I was talking about intelligence. And intelligence seems to be
thrown out from this thread, because intelligence is not knowing
the answers, it's understanding the question.

The bug _is_ a potential security hole. And I was first amazed that saying
that Debian can be improved could be a scandal. And I'm now tired and
disgusted after reading insulting mails, written by people claiming they
are the kings of security and knowledge, Almighty sysadmins, insulting
explicitly or implicitly people because they are french...

Doubt is like humour : the privilege of intelligence.

PS : congratulations for your knowledge, Paul. But I must say that there is
for me only one philosophy : the german one ;)
--
Thierry LARONDE <thierry.laronde@polynum.com>
website : http://www.polynum.com