Re: Packages removed from frozen

>>>>> "Manoj" == Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> writes:

Manoj> gcc would be something that I would be willing to give
Manoj> special dispensation for - espescially since I know it tests itself on
Manoj> passes 2 and 3. Gcc is, therefore, part of the set of packages
Manoj> we call build essentials.

Then if I follow your reasoning, GNAT, which is based on GCC, which
needs to have GNAT already installed to compile itself and which makes
the same tests as GCC to compare passes 2 and 3 qualifies to be a
build-essential package? As the GNAT maintainer, I'm quite happy with
it :)

Manoj> However, this is not a dispensation that should be lightly
Manoj> given. Bootstrapping from scratch should be kept to a bare
Manoj> minimum of preinstalled packages -- the build essentials.

Cool, GNAT qualifies once more, as it needs to be here to build itself
and other tools such as asis, gch, libgtkada, adasockets, etc. :)

  Sam
--
Samuel Tardieu -- sam@debian.org