Re: dlocate + slocate + findutils problem

On Wed, Feb 09, 2000 at 02:36:36AM -0800, Kevin Dalley wrote:
> Seth R Arnold <sarnold@willamette.edu> writes:

> findutils does not supply an alternatives for locate, and that hasn't
> been a request yet.  Perhaps it should supply locate as an
> alternative, but it doesn't yet.  It supplies the one and only locate,
> as far as it is concerned.  If slocate supplies locate as an
> alternative, then removing slocate probably removes /ur/bin/locate.

Should I file a bug report against findutils, asking for alternatives?
should I propose a Provides: locate .. thingy? (hehe :)

> You might try reinstalling findutils.

That seems to have fixed the problem. :) Thank you. :)

Hate spam? See http://maps.vix.com/rbl/ for help
Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into
your ~/.signature to help me spread!