Re: Debian for kids

On Fri, Feb 11, 2000 at 12:10:08PM +0000, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> > Will debian for women, minority women, white males, and so forth
> > be next?
>
> How does being a woman, a minority, or of a certain race change your
> computer using needs?  Young kids are cognitively, socially, technically
> in an early stage of development that has special considerations.  When
> you look in your computer games store, do you see a woman's section?  A
> gay section?  A white section?  Black section?  Take a good look at the
> world around you.  Kids have special needs.  The stuff that we make for
> kids to use is *different* than for adults.  (Shock!  Horror!  Pull it off
> the shelves!  Ageism!  Censorship!)

I may well work on Debian for the Blind at some point.  How discriminatory
of me!  ;>

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org>                 Debian Linux developer
http://tank.debian.net   GnuPG key  pub 1024D/DCF9DAB3  sub 2048g/3F9C2A43

<danpat> Omnic: bloody newzealanders
<Omnic> danpat: put a sock in it
<danpat> heh :)
<knghtbrd> making fun of .nz'ers is different---they're all weird
* knghtbrd hides
<Omnic> hrmph