Re: wterm in potato

On Mon, Feb 21, 2000 at 01:48:30AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > > What's your point? Neither is release critical.
> > What can I say but: I disagree.
>
> You could offer an objective, non-circular rationale for what bugs should
> be considered release-critical or not.

FWIW, IMHO "release-critical bug" is a misnomer. There can exist
release-critical packages, those packages with which we can not really
release, and bugs against such packages can be marked as release-critical.
However, bugs against other packages that aren't release-critical, meaning
we can remove them and live on without them, can only be described as bugs
"making the package in question not suitable for release" (or similar).

Anyhow, I don't exactly know how to make `Severity: important' definition
more concrete/non-vague/whatever.

> You could provide an argument as to why it's better not to provide these
> packages at all, than to offer them in their existing semi-broken state.

I doubt this will be taken as a real argument... but anyway... It appears to
me that there's no point in having semi-broken (well, that might be too
harsh in the case of wterm) in the archive, when we have them in a working
state, or when we have other programs of very similar features, also in a
fully-working state.

--
enJoy -*/\*- don't even try to pronounce my first name