Linux Popularity

May I make a suggestion to all developers of Linux applications:

1. Put ALL Linux commercial applications on a single web site for sale. Tell
the software developers to "bite the bullet" for a couple of years and sell
the software at wholesale prices.

2. Use this web site as a CENTRAL LOCATION for ALL the Linux community out
there. We would all like to be able to find applications for such a great
operating system, but FINDING them is quite difficult.

3. Make sure the developers and customers around the country know about this
web site. Market-market-market. Include shareware and freeware on it too.
(Give everybody a chance)

4. When marketing, sell Linux's stability, robustness and tell the public
that Unix (from whence Linux has its roots) has been around much longer than
DOS or WINDOWS-that large companies around the world have relied on UNIX
variants for decades to do their business.

5. Publicly ask Microsoft to put a daemon in their operating system that
monitors the number of crashes/hangs/reboots. I guarantee you they can't
afford to, as we all know how unstable their operating systems can be.

6. Sell the point that Linux has "the good will" of all the programmers on
the internet working towards a common goal: a robust, stable, truly
multitasking operating system whose code is in the PUBLIC DOMAIN, therefore
allowing 100 times the inspection compared to anybody else's operating
system.

7. Once the public has a web site to purchase their applications for Linux
and the developers community sees the need, Linux can overtake Windows.

May the FORCE be with you.

Tom Berry
Memphis, TN