Re: real ksh available as sources

On Sat, Mar 04, 2000 at 10:04:46AM +1100, Craig Sanders wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 03, 2000 at 09:29:54AM -0500, Elie Rosenblum wrote:
> > I think we could put it in non-free, _if_ a maintainer was willing to
> > go through the patch notification hassle.
>
> what does real ksh have that pdksh, bash, and/or zsh doesn't?

Well, I've been using ksh daily at work on HP-UX 10.20 for the past
year or so, and I didn't like pdksh much when I tried it. Maybe HP-UX's
version is non-standard too, but pdksh was different. Mostly the
command line editing and filename completion were different. For that
matter, it's different on ksh on Solaris also.

Although I don't think it's anything special as far as shells go;
it's just the standard at my work. The only alternative there is csh;
yuck (csh and not tcsh). It doesn't even have any special variables for
setting your prompt.

Hamish