Re: console-apt

On Sat, Mar 04, 2000 at 03:42:24PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 04, 2000 at 10:12:20PM +0200, ressu@uusikaupunki.fi wrote:
> > although, i have to agree, it was wrong to remove console-apt from stable, what was the reason again? (some coredump?)
>
> Release critical bugs.
>
> Fans of console-apt did not exhibit sufficient interest in the package to
> help fix its bugs when they had a chance; it's a bit late to start
> complaining now.

i'm not complaining, but just wondering, is it common to end up with a orphaned frontend to apt, i do hope that aptitude wont be dumped!

last time i checked gnome-apt, there hadn't been changes in ages!, last change was to compile it on some new libapt..

but this brings even more pressure to aptitude makers, they should now improve aptitude with the advantages of console-apt, and if possible update the version in potato... (it's too late already, but i think for the next update to potato =)

we really need an easy to use interface to apt, on console. AND DONT SAY APT-GET, it's easy for most of us, but not for the ones who have just moved to Debian, we shouldn't increase the load on theyre shoulders. they have a LOT to learn without learning how to use apt-get...
--
My Two cents, now everyone send me yours, i'll be rich!