Re: console-apt

On Sat, Mar 04, 2000 at 10:12:20PM +0200, ressu@uusikaupunki.fi wrote:
> i disagree here, i found aptitude much more usable than console-apt, but aptitude also lacks some of console-apt's powerful features, namely keybindings, and clarity. but then again, aptitude has features that i need.

I looked a bit deeper into aptitude and you are right, it is not that bad as
it looks like. The main reason it is complicated is because the functions
are hidden behind keys and colors.

Once the state/intended action is clearly marked with a char (and therefore
visible on non color displays) it looks promising. Also some of the major
keys should be visible in a short help menu...

I like the possibility of aptitude to pick the packages which will be
auto-upgraded, upgraded, installed etc... and the list of "new" packages is
something i have waited for a long time :=)

Greetings
Bernd
--
  (OO)      -- Bernd_Eckenfels@Wendelinusstrasse39.76646Bruchsal.de --