Re: fetchmail bug-report page

On Sun, Mar 05, 2000 at 07:30:20AM +0000, Oliver Elphick wrote:
>   >I've submitted quite a few bug closure messages, but the bugs never get
>   >closed on bugs.debian.org webpage.
>   >
>   >Am I doing something wrong?
>
> What, precisely, are you doing?
>
> Ways to close bug 99999:
> 1. mail to 99999-done@bugs.debian.org
> 2. include "Closes: bug#99999" in the package changes

... and then dinstall will close the bugs using the 1. method for you, with
a nice message to the submitter.

> 3. mail to control@bugs.debian.org a message containing "close 99999" in its
>    body

This way is not quite pleasant for the submitter, if you haven't told him
why is the bug fixed already. Please don't use it if you can use 1. or 2..

--
enJoy -*/\*- don't even try to pronounce my first name