Re: Packages NOT removed from frozen

On Sun, 5 Mar 2000, Adrian Bunk wrote:

> Is there a good reason why we do need the perl-5.004* packages?

I have another question similar to this one:

If we drop perl-5.004, is there a good reason why we do need to rename
an essential package? (from perl-base to perl-5.005-base).

I understand this was made to be able to install several releases of
perl at the same time, but: Is this really worthy? Why do we need several
releases of perl? The latest and the greatest should work with every app.

Thanks.

--
 "167f4ef74c3dc12dbe860fa8e0d7bd8f" (a truly random sig)