Re: magnetic synchronous motor water pumps

On Wed, 8 Mar 2000, Jules Bean wrote:

> Faking mail is not something which should be undertaken trivially.

Well call it "fudging", if you will. ;)

> Making valid and useful actions impossible is not the way to fight
> spam.  To fight spam, our spam-masters work quite hard to block open
> relays, etc.

Alright, I really don't care as long as I don't get it in my mailbox. ;-)

> One possible technique we could employ is to require that the list
> address appear visibly in the headers (to: or cc:).  This would
> prevent Bcc'ing the lists which is a shame (and care would need to be
> taken with -private, which is also security), but it might be worth
> it.

This is hardly a real solution. Spammers still could post stuff to the
list.

Do you use Orbs?

--
 "Fool me seven times, shame on you. Fool me eight or more times, shame on me."
								-- Amy