Packages NOT removed from frozen

I decided against removing the following packages because of unwelcome
consequences.  This list does not include packages that were not removed
because they were fixed.

Package: emacs19 (debian/main).
Maintainer: Mark W. Eichin <eichin@thok.org>
  57636 gnus under emacs19 opens files in /tmp insecurely
[Also takes out w3-el-e19, vm, emacs19-el, emacs-czech]
Removing w3-el-e19 means removing all of w3-el, because it's a multi-binary
package.  That's a bit extreme, and I'd rather give Joey a bit more time
to fix emacs19.

Package: pdl (debian/main).
Maintainer: Raul Miller <moth@debian.org>
[Arch-specific, Raul doesn't know how to fix]
  55268 [Strategy: use older version on alpha] PDL fails to compile on alpha
[I may just remove the alpha package for this one]
gimp1.1-perl depends on pdl, and gimp1.1-perl is part of gimp1.1.
So removing this package means removing all of gimp1.1 and everything
that depends on it.  That's a bit too much.

Package: tclx76 (debian/main).
Maintainer: Philippe Troin <phil@fifi.org>
  56541 tclx76: cannot install
[Also takes out tclx76-dev, emacspeak? and emacspeak-ss?]
emacspeak depends on an impressive array of tclx packages, but tclx76
seems to be the last one we have.  (I found no trace of tclx80).
The situation was a bit too complex for me to investigate today.

Richard Braakman

P.S. I now live and work in Helsinki, but I don't have an internet
connection at home yet (or, in fact, anything other than a bed).
(IKEA, it's still in a box that looks far too small for its supposed
contents).  This is the reason for my recent slowness.