Re: Release-critical Bugreport for March 3, 2000

On Fri, Mar 03, 2000 at 03:15:05AM -0600, BugScan reporter wrote:
> Package: fetchmail (debian/main)
> Maintainer: Paul Haggart <phaggart@debian.org>
> [HELP] Maintainer is not responding.
>        Someone should take over the package. (RB)
>   43139  fetchmail flushed after failed delivery
> [WAITING] Maintainer was contacted on Dec 12, awaiting reply.
>   48159  I had to downgrade to fetchmail_4.6.4-1.1 because I couldn't get my mail from the server! Fetchmail was able to query the IP of the server, but told me something about "file not found". After downgrading fetchmail it worked without problems. I haven't touched any fetchmail relevant scripts!
> [WAITING] Maintainer was contacted on Dec 12, awaiting reply.
>   50990  fetchmail: mail was fetched and deleted from server but never sent to local MTA
> [WAITING] Maintainer was contacted on Dec 12, awaiting reply.

I see today on freshmeat.net:
 application: fetchmail 5.3.1
      author: Eric S. Raymond <esr@thyrsus.com>
     license: GPL
    category: Console/eMail
     urgency: low

    homepage: http://apps.freshmeat.net/homepage/884576388/
    download: http://apps.freshmeat.net/download/884576388/

Fetchmail is a free, full-featured, robust, well-documented
remote-mail
retrieval and forwarding utility intended to be used over on-demand
TCP/IP links (such as SLIP or PPP connections). It supports every
remote-mail protocol now in use on the Internet: POP2, POP3, RPOP,
APOP, KPOP, all flavors of IMAP, and ESMTP ETRN. It can even support
IPv6 and IPSEC.

Changes:
Fixes for a number of minor bugs, including two reported from the RH6.2
beta and a dozen or so from the Debian bug-tracking system.

Is someone working on it? If no, I download the sources and make a new
packages...

Gruss
Grisu
PGP: finger grisu@master.debian.org  -- Linux Sysadmin   -- Use Debian Linux
Programming is like sex; one mistake and you have to support for a
life time.