Re: Release-critical Bugreport for March 10, 2000

On Fri, Mar 10, 2000 at 03:15:04AM -0600, BugScan reporter was heard to say:
> Package: gnomeicu (debian/main)
> Maintainer: Edward C. Lang <edlang@debian.org>
>   58919  gnomeicu causes XServer to grab all the memory.

  I think there was a discussion on -devel that concluded that there's some
evidence that this bug is caused by Imlib..

  Also, from the reporter:
  "I think the bug is Important because it causes the system to became [sic]
   unusable.  But i stil use gnomeicu so, it may not be so RC."

   Bug severity inflation, perhaps?

> Package: mozilla (debian/main)
> Maintainer: Debian Mozilla maintainers <mozilla@packages.debian.org>
>   59990  mozilla: Segmentation fault on first start
>   60012  M14 segfaults immediately

  I haven't looked at these (the BTS doesn't even seem to list them), but
they're probably just the result of an old ~/.mozilla hanging around..

> Package: rep-gtk (debian/main)
> Maintainer: Mikolaj J. Habryn <dichro-debian@rcpt.to>
>   58684  rep-gtk_0.8-2(unstable): build error (prototype mismatch)
>
> Package: sawmill (debian/main)
> Maintainer: Mikolaj J. Habryn <dichro-debian@rcpt.to>
> [REMOVE] This package can be removed if it is not fixed.
>   59760  sawmill: Sawmill fails to load -- missing file /usr/lib/rep/0.11/i686-pc-linux-gnu/timers.so

  It would be really unfortunate if we lost these -- but the version of Sawmill
this bug is reported against isn't the one in potato!!  This is 0.25-1, the
latest bleeding-edge release of sawmill, which AFAIK is only in unstable.

  John appears to have sent a patch for 58684 as well; I don't know if that's
fixed or not.

> Package: ssh (non-US/main)
> Maintainer: Philip Hands <phil@hands.com>
> [HELP] Please NMU, with extreme care. Contact Tommi Virtanen for info.
>   59464  X11 forwarding appears to be /completely/ broken in 1.2.2-14

  This is my bug, and it's fixed now.  (although X forwarding is still broken,
I can get it to work with some trouble)

>   59862  ssh: X forwarding problems even after xauth upgrade

  Not sure what's wrong there..

  Daniel

--
"Do you know why the prisoner in the tower watches the flight of birds?"
  -- Terry Pratchett, _Reaper_Man_