Re: XFree86 4.0

On Fri, Mar 10, 2000 at 07:14:39AM -0500, SCOTT FENTON wrote:
> I was wondering if we could pkg it alongside XF3.3.6 in potato (but then
> again, I wondered why we couldn't do this with the 2.2 kernel in slink).

I don't think that's a very good ideia. To start with, lots of hardware hasn't
been ported to 4.0 and only works with 3.3.6. If you happen to have of those
(like myself), you'll be going in the wrong direction with 4.0.

Even if the 4.0 release was ok, I'm not very confortable with releasing such
a beast in the midle of the frozen. Almost certainly the wreck it would
cause should postpone the release about half a year (give or take a few
months :)

pmg