Re: nasty slink -> potato upgrade problem

On Sat, Mar 11, 2000 at 04:37:11PM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Le Sat, Mar 11, 2000 at 07:06:24PM +1100, Hamish Moffatt écrivait:
> > Trouble ahead?
>
> Please run "apt-get install apt" before doing the dist-upgrade. Old apt
> don't manage well the perl transition. This will be documented in the
> Release Notes.

Yuck. Can we add a conflicts somewhere to automate this?

Also, libc6 tries to restart some NSS-using services, but never seems
to succeed in restarting sshd. I end up with it refusing connections,
although sshd still appears to be running (the original process and
not a new one). That could be very very nasty! If you logout then you
can't login again... fortunately I have telnet from selected hosts
and also dialup, but for others it could be bad.

Hamish