Re: Availability of "unstable/interim" CDs (Was: Danger Will Robinson ! Danger!)

Moore, Paul wrote:
> I disagree. The approach taken by slink was sensible. Have 2.0 as the base,
> because it was QA'd to the high standards required by Debian, but include
> the latest 2.2 source package for people willing to upgrade. Adding a bit
> more support, in the form of including the equivalent of the "Using Kernel
> 2.2 with Slink" webpage on the CD, and including (in a separate directory)
> debs for the relevant "unstable" versions of packages which need upgrading,
> would be enough.

Well, this is a blatent plug for my employer, but you can buy just such a
cd. http://www.valinux.com/software/debian/ (except it includes the 2.2
kernel as the default)

ISO's are of course freely available on VA's ftp site.

--
see shy jo