Re: Becoming a developer

On Tue, Mar 14, 2000 at 10:08:34AM -0800, Kenneth Scharf wrote:
> Has the process for admiting new debian developers
> gone on line yet?
>
> There is a ham radio program that I would like to see
> as a debian package.  As I am not currently a
> developer, pehaps someone else might like to look into
> packaging this.  Otherwise, I will do it, if I can run
> your ganlet and join your ranks.
>
> The program is QSSTV (the ONLY slow scan TV program
> that I know of that works on Linux.)  As the name
> implies, it is based on QT.  It now (version 3.0m)
> works with both qt1.44 and 2.0.2.  It is also GPL'ed.
> Hope it can go in main, or at least contrib.
> The URL is
> http://ourworld.compuserve/homepages/on1mh/qsstv

As most people will note, you don't have to become a developer to package
things. You can attempt to find a sponsor that will validate and upload
your packages for you. I suggest emailing debian-mentor to see if any
other HAM people would be willing to take you under their wing.
`     bcollins@debian.org  --  bcollins@openldap.org  --  bmc@visi.net     '