Re: The nature of unstable (was: Danger Will Robinson! Danger!)

On Wed, Mar 15, 2000 at 03:24:29AM -0700, John Galt wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Mar 2000, Ben Collins wrote:
>
> <snip>
> > First of all, you need to check your numbers. Last I checked there were
> > ~350 official developers in the keyring. Right, so this proves my point in
> > that we should encourage developers to put a priority on frozen and the
> > next release cycle. And please stop refering to stable. That is not my
> > main concern here, and I never brought it into this conversation.
>
> No, that means you should OPEN NEW-DEVELOPERS!!!!!!!!!  Jesus!  On the one
> hand I hear all of these complaints about not having enough help and the
> other hand is flipping a big 'ol bird at anyone who's offering to help.
> The only way I see new manpower being added to Debian ATM is cloning, and
> I'm kind of hoping nobody in Debian qualifies as sheep or pigs.

New Maintainer is OPEN. They posted a call for applications from currently
sponsored developers last week. This means that people who are currently
helping via the sponorship program are going to get in quite quickly.
IMNHO, this is exactly the right thing to do. People who have shown that
they are willing to contribute, even if it means waiting, have shown they
have what it takes to become a developer.

`     bcollins@debian.org  --  bcollins@openldap.org  --  bmc@visi.net     '