Re: realplayer installer and frozen

On Wed, Mar 15, 2000 at 01:00:59AM -0500, Alex Yukhimets wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 14, 2000 at 07:09:31PM -0800, Joey Hess wrote:
> > Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> > > I agree with Branden: remove the installer from potato.
> >
> > The problem that I forgot to mention is that anyone who upgrades from slink
> > to potato w/o upgrading realplayer, and had realplayer installed via the
> > installer in slink, is going to find that the old realplayer they have
> > installed realplayer no longer works. Library incompatabilities of some
> > kind cause it to crash.
>
> I would definitely put new realplayer installer package in potato.
> At least this would be a big favor to our users.

I tried the woody installer on a potato system.  It installed
realplayer, but it doesn't seem to work.  No messages or core
dump--nothing happens. I also tried installing the tarball and
installing the .deb created by running alien on the .rpm, with the same
results, so it would appear that the installer is not the problem.

On the other hand, the old realplayer worked just fine for me in
potato.  Unfortunately there does not appear to be any way to get it
back.

--
Bob Nielsen, N7XY (RN2)                    nielsen@primenet.com
Tucson, AZ DM42nh  QRP-L #1985  SOC #77    http://www.primenet.com/~nielsen