Re: realplayer installer and frozen

On Tue, Mar 14, 2000 at 07:09:31PM -0800, Joey Hess wrote:
> Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> > I agree with Branden: remove the installer from potato.
>
> The problem that I forgot to mention is that anyone who upgrades from slink
> to potato w/o upgrading realplayer, and had realplayer installed via the
> installer in slink, is going to find that the old realplayer they have
> installed realplayer no longer works. Library incompatabilities of some
> kind cause it to crash.

I see an empty package which uninstalls the previous version with a Cool,
Blue debconf dialog: "Hey, blame Real!" here.
Of course, a preinstallation dialog like "This crap is unsupported by
Debian now. If you want it, paste this url on your wget.\nOr you can keep it
and play with the funny segfaults."

Is this ok?

--
Jordi Mallach Pérez || jordi@pusa.informat.uv.es   || Rediscovering Freedom,
ka Oskuro in RL-MUD || jordi@sindominio.net        || Using Debian GNU/Linux

http://sindominio.net  GnuPG public information:      pub  1024D/917A225E
telnet pusa.uv.es 23   73ED 4244 FD43 5886 20AC  2644 2584 94BA 917A 225E