Re: Two maintainer entrys in "bug reports by maintainer"

On Thu, 16 Mar 2000, Josip Rodin wrote:

> > It is my task to use always the same address or is it a bug in the
> > bug system?
> Neither. Do as you wish :)
:) So far the funny side of this aspect, but together with the fact
that there are problems in sending PM to the maintainer (see a running
thread on this list) it might lead to the situation that a developer
never notices a bug.  I for myself check bugs against my packages
using a script which calls lynx with a certain address (not with
two or more).

> Personally I prefer using a unique Maintainer: field in all of my packages.
Perfectly all right and believe it or not it was my intention just
to stick on a single e-mail address (simply tille@debian.org) for
this purpose, because I had trouble when my other address was changing
and so I decided to use the Debian address for all Debian purpose).
While there are some unchanged packages this is a problem obviousely.

Should I file a bug report against the bug system?
(Filing a bug-report against myself is hard in this case because
I can't fix it ;-).)

Kind regards

         Andreas.