Re: Release-critical Bugreport for March 17, 2000

severity 59860 fixed
close 60489

thanks

> Package: emacs19 (debian/main)
> Maintainer: Mark W. Eichin <eichin@thok.org>
>   59860  [NMU] Emacs19 can't be built from source

I think this might be fixed now from Joey's NMU.

> Package: kaffe (debian/main)
> Maintainer: Ean R. Schuessler <ean@novare.net>
>   59420  kaffe_1:1.0.5e-0.3(frozen): bad register names on m68k
>   59575  kaffe: jit3 not supported on sparc build

I've NMU'd a package which fixes both of these, last night.

> Package: libpam-modules (debian/main)
> Maintainer: Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org>
>   60287  libpam-modules: Spurious Parsing Error from pam_limits.so

Hmm, forgot about this one :) I'll upload a fixed package today.

> Package: mkhybrid (debian/main)
> Maintainer: Chris Lawrence <lawrencc@debian.org>
>   60119  mkhybrid: patch required for making sparc bootable CD's
>   60489  mkhybrid: patch required for making sparc bootable CD's

The duplication was my fault. I resent the original patch and forgot that
submit@b.d.o was in the To. I've closed the second one above.

> Package: prc-tools (debian/main)
> Maintainer: Stephen Zander <gibreel@debian.org>
>   51647  prc-tools: fails building on sparc

This is going to either require me to port some stuff from gcc272 into
this package, or make it just ignore sparc in the architecure field. This
late in the game for potato, I think I'll choose the latter and make an
NMU (if the maintainer doesn't mind).

> Package: rscheme (debian/main)
> Maintainer: Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>
> [REMOVE] This package can be removed if it is not fixed.
>   53734  rscheme: build fails if there is no info about the packages

I'll NMU this. It will take all of two seconds to fix, and the maintainer
has pretty much ignored it.

> Package: xview (debian/main)
> Maintainer: Martin Buck <mbuck@debian.org>
>   60536  xview: compile expects sparc to be sunos

I'll probably NMU this one aswell.

`     bcollins@debian.org  --  bcollins@openldap.org  --  bmc@visi.net     '