Re: Novell: NDS eDirectory for Linux

Andreas recently commented elsewhere about Novell's latest foray into
directory management and Linux.  See:

<URL:http://www.novell.com/lead_stories/2000/mar13/linux/index.html>

for details.  My question, after reading various documents attached to
that URL, is:

        Does this really matter?

AFAICT, eDirectory either provides a complete LDAPv3 implementation or
at leats provides an LDAv3 front-end to NDS.  Now, while I'd like LDAP
access to the NDS direcorty currently in place where I work, it
doesn't strike me as anything new or outlandish.

Have any of the LDAP gurus (BenC?) looked at NDS and LDAP and how they
interconnect?