Re: noninteractive upgrades of packages

On Tue, Mar 21, 2000 at 05:02:31PM -0500, Nick Cabatoff wrote:
> I'm interested in being able to upgrade packages noninteractively,
> assuming that the postinst script itself is noninteractive.  Search as
> I might however, I can't find any easy way around dpkg's handling of
> conffiles.  I'm quite happy to blindly accept the one provided in the
> newer package, but cannot guarantee that the version on disk will be
> unmodified.
>
> Any suggestions?

In /etc/apt/apt.conf
DPkg
{
        Options {"--force-confdef";}
}

This will automatically choose the default action.. if the conffile has been
modified, the default is 'N'. If it hasn't, the default is 'Y' (99% sure)

Regards,
	rmt.

--
zninski, 30, had been drinking with friends when it was suggested they strip
naked and play some "men's games." Initially they hit each other over the head