Re: 5 days till Bug Horizon

My first debian post :)

> The packages involved are fetchmail, g++, gpm, kernel-image-2.2.14-ide
> (do we really need it?  I assumed it's needed for the bootfloppies),
> and perl-5.005.

> Package: fetchmail (debian/main).
> Maintainer: Paul Haggart <phaggart@debian.org>
> [HELP] This package needs a new maintainer.  (RB)
>   43139 fetchmail flushed after failed delivery
>   50990 fetchmail: mail was fetched and deleted from server but never sent to local MTA

Is anyone looking at this one. These are both fixed in upstream 5.3.1 (and
5.3.3 is in woody). What is the recommended course of action on this - I
would like to try and get involved - and personally know a maintainer who
can sponsor me. Should I go for 5.3.3, 5.3.1, 5.3.4 (latest upstream) or
attempting to backport the fixes in 5.2.3 (what is currently in potato)

Alan