Re: 5 days till Bug Horizon

On Sat, Mar 25, 2000 at 08:14:21PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 25, 2000 at 09:37:38AM +0100, Miros/law `Jubal' Baran wrote:
> > 25.03.2000 pisze Anthony Towns (aj@azure.humbug.org.au):
> > > [0] update-inetd needs a rewrite. It also needs to remain more or less
> > >     compatible. It also needs to end up being very tidy and flexible.
> > >     I'll end up working on this eventually, if no one else does, but if
> > >     someone else it first...
> > Do you plan to implement a functionality similar to RH's chkconfig?
>
> What's RH's chkconfig do?

its basically equivilent to update-rc.d except it lets you twiddle
stuff on and off by runlevel without having to -f remove the whole
batch of symlinks and then reinstall them again the way you wanted.

i don't know what it has to do with inetd, IIRC all it did was manage
/etc/rc?.d/* symlinks.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/