Re: Anyone's able to run 2.3.99-pre*?

On Sun, Mar 26, 2000 at 10:35:02AM +0200, Michael Meskes wrote:
> e2fscheck always tells me it cannot read the superblock. Up to 2.3.4? it
> worked well. And of course 2.2.14 runs without a problem.
  Do you have an IDE ZIP drive?  I believe I had the same problem starting
around 2.3.43.  The problem is related to having an uninitialized ATA ZIP
drive around(on the same chain, maybe) as your harddrive.  modprobing
ide-floppy was enough to work around the problem.  I added ide-floppy to my
/etc/modules and it hasn't bothered me since.  I don't know if this was ever
fixed.
  - Nick Lopez
    kimo_sabe@atdot.org