Re: RBL report..

On Sun, 26 Mar 2000, Joseph Carter wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 26, 2000 at 04:00:54PM +0200, Nils Jeppe wrote:
> > > Given every report I've heard to the contrary, I'm not sure I believe
> > > that.  I've also been told that there are cases where their tests produce
> > > false positives.

This used to be true. The new tests won't false-positive anymore.

> > I don't see how you can create a false positive on a relay test. Either
> > the message gets through, and you're an open relay, or it doesn't, and
> > you're fine. It's quite simple, really.
>
> Or it appears to have been accepted and goes nowhere.  I've seen a setup
> or two like this specifically for the purposes of tracking who was trying
> to use the relay...

The failure in a test is now triggered (AFAIK) by the _receipt_ of the probe
message in the _target_ address. This allows for no false-positives by the
test suite.

ORBS is the only thing which is capable of keeping the spam low enough to be
acceptable in my home account :-( It doesn't help that spammers have
haversted the debian BTS (either the WWW pages or the ML, I don't know) for
addresses to spam, either.

  Henrique Holschuh