Re: RBL report..

On Mon, Mar 27, 2000 at 11:09:42PM -0500, Daniel Martin wrote:
> ORBS BLOCKS MORE THAN OPEN RELAYS.
> Sorry to shout, but I've been bitten by ORBS before.
> It blocks open relays *or machines which relay for open relays*.

Yes, it does. I configured all of my exim systems to put warnings
in the headers on RBL failures, and configured it to check the
MAPS RBL, DUL, RSS and ORBS. ORBS is the most agressive, but every spam
I've received in the past two days has failed one of the tests.

I have received one legitimate email (from a customer) which failed
the ORBS check, so I won't be rejecting based on that. But I see no
reason not to reject on RBL (which Debian already does), and
probably RSS and DUL too.

Hamish