Re: ITP: gnome-db

gnome-db is a a shot at something like the ODBC api's available under windows.
I proposed the idea on gnome-list many moons ago, and it was picked up by
Michael Lausch, who I believe is the main developer.

gconf is a shot at something like .ini files, or the windows registry.

On Fri, Mar 31, 2000 at 11:41:47PM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Dan White wrote:
> > gnome-db (http://www.gnome.org/gnome-db) is "a framework for creating
> > database applications. It provides a common API with pluggable back ends
> > to different database sources as well as various specialized widgets for
> > handling many database tasks." It's also part of gnome office
> > (http://www.gnome.org/gnome-office).
>
> This sounds a bit like gconf as well, have you compared them?
>
> Wichert.
>
> --
>    ________________________________________________________________
>  / Generally uninteresting signature - ignore at your convenience  \
> | wichert@liacs.nl                    http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |
> | 1024D/2FA3BC2D 576E 100B 518D 2F16 36B0  2805 3CB8 9250 2FA3 BC2D |

>           Adam Keys          |                                              <
>      akeys@mail.smu.edu      |             Adam Keys Revolutions            <
>         214.768.5607         |      We've got radicals for every party      <
>         ICQ# 11772935        |                                              <
Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes. Then when you do
criticise them, you will be a mile away and have their shoes.
PGP Key fingerprint 39 B2 B4 E3 29 B4 EA C1  91 9B 77 C9 BC F5 0E F3
Accept No Imitations!
Protect your freedom and your privacy.  http://www.pgp.com
Fight big business insanity.  http://www.opendvd.org