Re: Pgcc in Deb

MoiN

On Mon, Apr 03, 2000 at 01:40:51AM +0200, Romain Chantereau wrote:

> > So the original question remains: is there a simple pgcc available somewhere?
> >
> > -Jim
>
> Yes !  is there a simple pgcc available somewhere?

I just tried to build some pgcc-packages:

$ apt-get source gcc
$ cd gcc-2.95.2
$ chmod +x debian/rules
$ debian/rules patch
$ zcat ~/dl/gcc-2.95.2-pcgg-2.95.3.diff.gz | patch -p1
[You get 2 rejects that you can safely ignore]
$ fakeroot debian/rules binary

There are, however some issues I have did not sort out:

  - The packages have the same names as the debian packages, but
    you could rename those in the debian/ dir.

  - The packages contain the same binaries as the official ones.
    I don't know if there is a switch to ./configure to give all
    binaries a common prefix?

  - I don't know if the patches under debian/patches will go well
    with the pgcc patch. There should be at least some testing be
    neccessary before it can be uploaded to unstable.

Is this enough as a starting point to package pgcc? Perhaps some
developer could rename the packages, make them conflict with gcc
and upload to experimental to get the testing done?

    Ingo
--
Windows, me?